HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GGNoPotato

PostSubject: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:32 pm

So you want to post a screenshot on the forums??? Well you came to the right place! This is a simple guide on what steps you must complete in order to share your posts in a more flush way(instead of having all those URL links)! This guide will be very detailed so you will be very knowledgeable at the end of how to take,find, and post screenshots.

For this task you will have 2 options. I honestly think these are the easiest but if you find a simpler way feel free to reply to this post.

The first step is to take a screenshot there are also two ways of doing this option.

Option A. If you are taking a screenshot on your minecraft the normal hot key is F2. That will instantly take a picture of the exact moment that you are in. To view this you must go to your .minecraft folder. To get to that you can do this two different ways. You can either hold down the Windows Button on your keyboard and press "R" at the same time. This will bring up the "Run" screen. From here you must type "%appdata%" then press enter. .minecraft will be in that folder and just open it then look for your screenshots folder and select the image you wish to use. If this seems all to complicated then you can just do this----- Go to the windows button on your desktop bar.

Then click on it and in the "search programs and files" prompt just type "%appdata%". From here you will see a Roaming folder. Click on it and it will open and your .minecraft will be in that folder.

Option B. If you would like to take a picture that could be edited to your pleasure just press the Print Screen button on your keyboard then go to the "Paint" Program. To find this you need to go to the windows button shown above and type in the search bar "paint". Once you have this open you have an area where you can save your screenshot to. Once you press print screen it will save your screenshot to a clipboard which can then be pasted into the paint program. To paste your freshly created picture just click CTRL+V at the same time while the paint program is open. From here you can save it to anywhere you want for future use.

This is what the paint screen looks like.

Once you have one of these two steps done, you are halfway done to posting your screenshot and applying it to a forum post of any kind.

From here on out the last step is simple. Go to your web browser and type in tinypic.com.

What is TinyPic?
Tiny Pic is a website that can convert any picture/video/URL into a format to be able to quickly copy and post it straight into what ever you want.

Once on tinypic, click on the choose filed button then click the upload button to start uploading.

We already went over how to find your screenshots and take them. Now we are going to go over how to upload them.

Find where you saved your screenshot, whether it was the Print Screen way or finding it in your .minecraft folder, then click on it in the prompt that was brought up when you clicked on the "choose file" button from above. From here you can just hit that upload button and it will ask you for a brief 5 second survey to type words from an advertisement. If you have the URL then just choose that option and paste in the URL from the website that has your picture on it.

The only thing that is being used in this is the [*IMG]---URL---HERE[/IMG*] (Ignore the *'s) You can also replace this with your URL for a faster way of posting your pictures instead of going on tinypic and get the website to format it for you. Now you know the basics and you should be able to share your pictures with out the hassel of opening up a new window and they can be flushed with your post for easy viewing. This can also be used to reformat YouTube videos to be viewed right from that post. Just find your YouTube URL and in TinyPic click on where it says video and then type in your URL and Wuala! Instant viewing!

I hope you enjoyed this guide. Please feel free to comment if you have an questions and ill be more than happy to help you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.Odiegaming.com

PostSubject: Re: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm

(I made this an announcement for ya', GG. "Cheers." All puns intended.)
Back to top Go down
GGNoPotato

PostSubject: Re: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Wolfy1015 wrote:

(I made this an announcement for ya', GG. "Cheers." All puns intended.)

Thank you Wolfy (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.Odiegaming.com
Den40208

PostSubject: Re: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 pm

If I may GG, I think Imgur would be a much better website to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Or we could just use the one that's part of the forum... (There's an icon above where you type out your replies that looks like a photo with a floppy disk in front of it. You can host images with that; it's what I always use.
Back to top Go down
Gunslinger456123

PostSubject: Re: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Amazing help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***   

Back to top Go down

***How to take, find, and post a screenshot***
Page 1 of 1